Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Cydia and Wintersnow disappeared -_- HELP.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by allstar102692, Jul 19, 2009.

1. allstar102692

allstar102692 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok so i just jailbroke my itouch 2G 3.0 firmware and started browsing themes. Downloaded a beatles theme which deleted my Cydia and Wintersnow. What can i do to restore the itouch to its original jailbroken form? Will i have to reset it and jailbreak it again? :confused:
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    do you have Open SSH? you can SSH to var/stash/themes and remove the beatles theme then respring. it should work. if you dont have SSH try iFunBox. it gives you acces to the files without SSH via usb.
  3. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What's Wintersnow? You mean Winterboard??? Or am I missing something?
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    The simplest solution to this would be to just run Redsn0w again, it'll reinstall Cydia. Then just download Winterboard ("wintersnow") again.
  5. allstar102692

allstar102692 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wow

ok well i feel like a fool. apparently when i searched for cydia and winterboard*(sorry i screwed the name only had the app for a few minutes before i screwed it up lol) and nothing came up. but then i went to restore and restored my home screen which reorganized my apps and noticed 2 blank spaces between apps. clicking in the empty spaces i found both cydia and winterboard -_-. so apparently the theme just made them invisible. promptly removed the theme and all is good now lol. thx for help every1 :)
  6. UntouchableiPod

UntouchableiPod New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    haha ive been there before