Cydia and MxTube Help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by SkizzyMane, Jul 1, 2009.

1. SkizzyMane

SkizzyMane Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, recently I updated in 3.0 then Jailbroke it with redsnow 0.7.2 I believe is the version( the newest since a day or two ago ).
    Well, I decided to download MxTube and everything went well until the end of the download.Cydia was " redownloading data ".After it finished, it shut down, and I DIDN'T HAVE MxTube.So, I reset the iPod, thinking it would help, and it did, sorta'.

MxTube was there, but Cydia wouldn't open.
    I press the Cydia App, it opens up and goes to a screen saying " Loading Data "
    It will do that for about ten seconds then close up and take me to the home screen.
    I think it's files in MxTube that messed Cydia up?
    Any way to delete MxTube from the computer, seeing as how I can't access Cydia to delete it?
  2. xxf1sh3rxx

xxf1sh3rxx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    SSH into your iPod, hopefully you know how to do that, WinSCP is the best, at least i think so. ( www.winscp.com )
    go into the root of your ipod, then go into applications, and first, right click Cydia.app, click properties, and make sure the permissions (down @ the bottom) is set to 0775.
    if its not, change it, then see if cydia works. (you might need to restart) if it still doesnt, go back into applications through SSH, right click MxTube.app and delete it.

Hopefully one of those two will work.
  3. SkizzyMane

SkizzyMane Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Neither worked.I deleted MxTube and added the persmissions thing, sadly, i will have to restore my ipod and re-jailbreak.