cydia and app store together?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Twan013, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Twan013

Twan013 New Member

I've searched to no avail, just a simple question...

Can Cydia and the App Store co-exist on a jailbroken iPod/iPhone, or once you jailbreak, Cydia takes the place of the app store?

I want to buy a jailbroken iPhone from eBay, but I would prefer the App store over Cydia... but I know that there might be a few apps from cydia that I would want... basically, I just don't want to lose access to the App store..
  2. tomlaw

tomlaw Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Cydia and app store

cydia and the app store stay on your iphone...u get both icons...also how much are you paying for the jailbroken iphone on ebay u might be getting ripped off
  3. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Check the pics on eBay they all still have the app store cydia addson to the iPhone
    everyone else I know it seems like a dumb question and seems obvious but I was worried about things like this before I jailbroken as I had never done it before.
    Hoped that helped and stops anyone slating

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Also commenting on tomlaws point as all the software is all free DON'T pay much more than you would for a standard one.
    Also check eBay.com as in america they are £60 brand new from apple.
  4. Twan013

Twan013 New Member

When I first heard about jailbreaking, and cydia, I thought once you jailbroke the iPhone/iPod, it replaced EVERYTHING with all new software or something... I thought all official apple software/apps would be gone.. but last night, I finally found an article that just barely mentioned having both still on there (the writer said something about having the app store, cydia, and installer, just in case he heard about an app, he knew he could get to it, or something like that..) But like I said, I was just trying to clear it up...

yeah, I think I can settle for a 2g, and the average price for them is 200-250... I COULD go ahead and start a legitimate contract, buy a new iPhone for either 50 or 100 bucks, do the whole JB thing, call AT&T and cancel the contract, and have to pay the cancellation fee... which I believe is $10 a month, which will total out to be 240 extra dollars... I just feel like I might be better off buying used...

My future dad-in-law has a 3g, but the rest of the family is on Sprint (his work is paying his phone bill temporarily), but he has been talking about going to sprint just so they're all together, and I may try to buy his from him...