Cydia, 3.0, and a whole mess of problems.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by samich, Aug 16, 2009.

1. samich

samich New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright. I'm newly registered to these forums, but I've long been lurking in the shadows. I probably should have signed up sooner for people to get to know me and actually feel good about helping a friend. Well, sorry I didn't give you the opportunity but now is your chance to make a new friend.

Recently I jailbroke my iPod touch 2g from 2.2.1 to 3.0. I upgraded first then jailbroke it. My first mistake was installing Icy along with cydia at the same time. Bad things came of this whenever I tried to deal with cydia but everything was fine from what I could tell, other than cydia that is..

So one day, well actually today, I decided to re-jailbreak my iPod touch. This time, however, only installing cydia so I would be able to properly update things.

Now I'm stuck with a new problem. Cydia won't let me add sources now, iTunes won't let me sync my iPod properly and I have no idea what to do about it.

Problem #1 - Curse of the deadly "Bad URL"...
    Ok, so you now know that I mentioned that I am unable to add sources.

Here's what goes down. First when I've tried to add ANY SOURCE, I get an error message saying, "http://psxrepo.servegame.com -- Bad Url." I press 'Ok' and it pops up a few more times and then the load bar just freezes at downloading packages. Then all I am able to do is use my iPod still but not cydia.

When I had ssh'd into my iPod, I looked a bit deeper. I looked into the cydia.list file and noticed that it had added several old sources I had before I updated to 3.0. Could this be the error? and would I have to restore my iPod to fix it? I have a lot of music and would rather not lose it. The apps however I don't mind.

So if someone could help me with this error first, I'm pretty sure I would be able to get the rest on my own for the iTunes problem, eventually.

Thanks!

Samich
  2. H4CK!NT0SH

H4CK!NT0SH Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I honestly think you should do this. Completely restore your device with a fresh 3.0 firmware. Use redsn0w 0.8 to jailbreak your iPod, along with remembering that if it gets stuck on "Waiting for reboot" to unplug then replug your device from the USB. If you want to install Icy, don't use Redsn0w to install it. Simply install Cydia with Redsn0w, then add this source to Cydia: apt.ripdev.com (This is hoping that adding sources does work when you follow the steps above.) So basically when you install that source, download Icy through there.