Cydia 2.0 Packages

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by discjockct, Jul 20, 2008.

1. discjockct

discjockct New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Do all packages currently in Cydia work with FW 2.0?
  2. kevipapo1

kevipapo1 New Member

No, many need to be ported to work with 2.0. I was able to get OpenSSH though, just because I saw it working in an iPhone DevTeam 2.0 video. Patience is key right now. All apps need to be ported to work with 2.0. As a recommendation, if you're not willing to wait, stay on 1.1.4

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. moosemun

moosemun New Member

actually judging from what I read on the home screen of cydia 2.0 anything on said version of cydia is working for FW 2.0
  4. diogovans

diogovans New Member

hum i dont think so... Nes isnt working 100% i cant save games i cant go into landscape mode
  5. yanksralljeter45

yanksralljeter45 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    is there somewhere where I can see which apps have been ported to Cydia on fw 2.0 so I can decide when to upgrade to fw 2.0?
  6. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    basicly at the moment i have no idea how to see what apps are in cydia 2.0 if you do not have it but through experience i have seen that when you jailbreak 2.0, it installs cydia with only packages that work on 2.0 so everything on the new cydia works for 2.0 although yes nes is still a little buggy (no saving and no landscape)
    Although at the moment cydia has very few packages compared to what installer did, i keep checking and more packages are being added everyday.
    Also about the ssh, you have to have the screen on the whole time otherwise it loses the connection. You can download insomnia from cydia and turn it on to have ssh stay on after the screen turns off but if you forget to turn insomnia off afterwards, it drains your battery life heavily.
    hope this all helps