Cyder 2 Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Nickmadkiller, May 16, 2010.

1. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    For me it sucks not having wi-fi.So I started searching around and found this program Cyder II.I tried it out I downloaded me winterboard and all of that cool stuff like ultrasn0w and a few other things.

Now my problem is is that I have no clue what the heck I have to do.

Now heres what I have done.

1.I have many sources so I can download packages.

2.I have several packages downloaded (ultrasn0w and winterboard)

3.I have those files copied to Cydia Cache,Cydia Autoinstall,and the [PIRACY] Folder.

Now thats everything I have done.Now my problem is I have tried many tutorials and guides that never worked.

(probably cause I used the 1st Cyder tutorial) but I have tried rebooting...I even tried respringing(I have powertool on my Cydia to respring and stuff),I can't seem to get winterboard or ultrasn0w into my Cydia file.

If somebody knows how to do this it would be gratefully appreciated.I just recently jailbroke my iPod using Spirit so I'm kinda new to this stuff.I did get powertool off of a wi-fi signal but that was all I recieved and won't have a wi-fi signal again till another week or so.

Also because I'm really new to this if somebody could give me a very good tutorial with screenshots that would be really good.

Hope somebody can help.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I also have tried using the first Cyder without any luck.I seriously have no clue what I need to do to make this work.It says the files are in my autoinstall deal but at the same time even when I reboot or respring nothing changes.The files aren't in Cydia or anything.
  2. Nickmadkiller

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Idk if this is something that can help but I'm using a iPod Touch 3G using 3.1.3 it's a MC model but I am using an untethered jailbreak atm using spirit.
  3. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Have you tried going into Cydia-> Manage -> Packages and trying to find the app you want to install? If you can find it then reinstall it within cydia.
  4. Nickmadkiller

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Okay I just brought back a SUPER old thread but I have decided I need to get Cyder 2 working again.

Since I rarely get wifi access I need a program that will work on my PC to my iPod.

So yes this is a SUPER old thread.

Hopefully this time I will get some "more comments" so I can get this fixed.
  5. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    there is a cyder 2?
  6. Nickmadkiller

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yeah and I wish I knew how to work it...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay heres a screenshot of what I have done so far.I am now stuck currently at this point of what to do.

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is what I have and trying to upload to my iPod.

How do you upload it to your iPod >_>..?

Also I tried wmc's idea and the files aren't located in the Packages area.