Cydelete

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by amandwato, Apr 16, 2009.

1. amandwato

amandwato Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, cydelete just messed up my ipod yet again(this being the second time). Cydelete has made it so all my apps crash on startup except for mail. to fix this last time i had to restore. as a warning to everyone, dont unistall any major packages with cydelete. i tryed and unistalling iTypeFastR with it and this has wut caused all my apps to now crash. if anyone knows how to fix this, or where i can contact the author of cydelete please post here
  2. anc96

anc96 New Member

How do you know CyDelete is causing this? I have used deleted many things with CyDelete and haven't had any problems.
  3. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    me to. im sure its not cydelete. its worked fine for me deleting everything.
  4. Slasher115

Slasher115 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    hmm maybe you should restore it or uninstall cydelete and reinstall
  5. amandwato

amandwato Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    um i cant unistall or install anything....NO apps will open(except for mail
    i know its cydelete because when i uninstalled intelliscreen with it, it did the same thing to me.....try it, install intelliscreen, or iTypeFastR and unistall it with cydelete.....
    anyone know the authors email?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    .....i feel like an idiot, a reboot fixed it.....but im sure it was cydelete that caused it
  6. seanichol

seanichol New Member

Reboot not fixing it here... Anyone know what and where files installed by iTypeFastr are installed? The authors email? I don't have Cydelete installed or intelliscreen.

iTypeFastr is the culprit here... really want to save myself a restore if at all possible.

Thanks.
  7. spyder52

spyder52 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Fixed

I just had the same problem and fixed it through SHH ing the app back from another ipod to my own after deleting it with cydelete, if anyone needs the files to fix this problem just email me at cookie.shack@googlemail.com
  8. DHowett

DHowett New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Cydia has AWESOME links to let you contact developers! Tap the "Authour" field in a package description.

That said, Intelliscreen doesn't use MobileSubstrate, and here's why uninstalling it with CyDelete causes applications to crash-
    It installs its own library into all applications, using non-MobileSubstrate methods. When that library is removed, applications will not be able to find it. A reboot fixes it as all references to the library are removed.

I'll make this perfectly clear:
    This is NOT a CyDelete problem. CyDelete only removes packages. Seriously.
    It's what those packages do that cause problems.

I think the latest release (which removed Cydia backend support, so packages uninstalled with CyDelete can't cause a respring or reboot anymore) hindered the uninstall process slightly, but again, this is a failure with Intelliscreen, because they refuse to conform. (They really gain nothing by doing it their own way.)
  9. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if you need the app back use cyder to download it.. check that it is in the cache and autoinstall folders in the sync tab, and if it is hard reset and ull be good.. also if u cant get anything to open and u think its cydelete use sbsettings safe mode.. doesnt open like an app so it wont crash.. and from there cydelete will be disabled and u can open cydia to uninstall it

Attached Files:

10. DHowett

DHowett New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You didn't listen to a word I said, did you.