CyDelete is the cause?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Music=Life, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Music=Life

Music=Life Banned

i was wondering has anyone else been having trouble with downloading and getting into cydia ever since they download Cydelete?
    cause ever since i downloaded cydelete it messed up my ipod really bad freezing all the time going into safemode all the time
    starts to download a app then crashes and now everytime i go into cydia it crashes right away

i was wondering is anyone else having this problem ever since they downloaded cydelete>?

cause im about to restore my ipod and rejailbreak it
  2. davidjordan2345

davidjordan2345 New Member

i havent had any trouble with it at all. it might just be something else you installe3d. my ipod went into safe mode when i installed the 5 icon dock
  3. Music=Life

Music=Life Banned

i havent installed anything else since cydelete and once i downloded that is when i had the problem
  4. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    pure coincidence, i have cydelete with zero problems
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It might have been because of something you downloaded earlier, and CyDelete messed that up..
    But I've had it installed and haven't had any problems so far.
  6. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i have nada. most likely u need 2 respring again... but if ur wifi connection is crappy, then packages will tend to not download and the service will time out... soo...
  7. Music=Life

Music=Life Banned

no i figured it out it was because one of the repos is not working anymore so when it dose a refresh it reads the repo and its a bad url so it crashes so i had to rejailbreak it its ok though gives me something to do lol
  8. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't have any problems with mine
  9. IpodtouchMaster5000

IpodtouchMaster5000 New Member

Cydelete

It messed up my iPod 2g real bad. It deleted cydia apps but I went into Cydia and they come back and they are not under packages. Someone help me usually i'm a pro when come to Jailbroken ipods/iphones but this one is hard to crack. I'm also gonna post a tutorial on how to revive a ipod or iphone from logome thanks in advance
  10. xtremeshredder

xtremeshredder New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have this same problem, I can provide a temporary fix for this. After you use cydelete, ssh into your ipod, go to /root/Applications/ and delete the folder for the app you want to delete (___.app). This is not the most convenient way to do this but it gets the job done

Please Register or Log in to view images