Cyberduck won't let me connect HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pbonello, Dec 26, 2007.

1. pbonello

pbonello Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok so i know there's topics like this but i'm not getting what i need. so far i get to here where it says login failed, login with user name and password but i entered root, and alpine and i set it to sftp, and all. ipod is jail-broken and i have all of the apps i need WHAT IS GOING WRONG?!!?!?!? HELP PLEASE
  2. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    silly

but have you connected the touch to the wifi network and then got your ip address you may have to go onto the wifi settings and under dhcp if you are using this press renew lease to make sure your using the correct ip.
    hope this helps.
  3. pbonello

pbonello Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Still having problems

Please Register or Log in to view images

here is what my screen looks like

Attached Files:

4. pbonello

pbonello Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    maybe i changed the password and did not know what i was doing how do i find it sorry i'm such an idiot
  5. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    have

have you got a ssh preferences on the ipod touch if so can you just make a new password on there.
  6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can change the password from on your iPod Touch. Install Term-vt100. Run Term-vt100. Type "passwd root" and then change your password. Should be that easy..
  7. cheezeyball64

cheezeyball64 New Member

ya, i have a similar problem. when i try to log into fugu, it says the remote ID has changed, and won't let me connect. on cyberduck, it says there was a connection error. ive SSHed into my ipod tons of times but its not working. it was all working until..................... i tried making my own theme, i set everything to 755 [0755 in fugu] and when i tried using that theme my ipod froze, i restarted it and everything, but the little loading thing was still going on. so i restored my ipod, and after i put a few apps on it, my music, and other itunes stuff, i tried plugging it in to fugu, i typed in root as my username, and selected my ipod's ip adresse, but it said REMOTE ID has changed. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!
  8. Shafez5

Shafez5 New Member

same thing happened to me. Go to installer and install OpenSSH if you already have not.