CuteFtp Pro-Ipod touch problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by windowsexpert08, Jan 21, 2008.

1. windowsexpert08

windowsexpert08 New Member

Hey guys i just followed ipodtouchmasters video on youtube to get CuteFtp pro for my ipod touch. So i downloaded and followed all the instructions but whenever i connect it says~
    Code:
    The remote host actively refused the attempt to connect to it.
    1) Please verify that the destination host name or IP address is correct.
    2) Verify that the connection port number is correct (under Site Settings | Type tab).
    3) The remote server may be temporarily or permanently inaccessible (try again later).
    4) Verify that you have chosen the right protocol (SSH2, SSL, FTP, etc.) and have setup all required options for that protocol.
    and it says this in the status box~

Code:
    STATUS:>  	[1/21/2008 5:07:43 PM] Initializing SFTP21 module...
    STATUS:>  	[1/21/2008 5:07:43 PM] Connecting to SFTP server... 192.168.1.4:22 (ip = 192.168.1.4)...
    ERROR:>   	[1/21/2008 5:08:04 PM] The connection failed due to an error or timeout.
    		1) Verify that the destination IP address is correct.
    		2) Increase the connection timeout threshold under Global Settings | Connection.
    		3) Switch to the opposite data connection type (PASV or PORT) under Site Settings | Type tab.
    		4) Verify that the problem is not local by trying to connect to an alternate server.
    		5) If a server name was used, verify it resolves to the correct address.
    		6) If using a local server table for server name resolution, check to see that it doesn't resolve to an obsolete address.
    		7) Try pinging the address.
    		8) If you are using a router, verify the router is up and running (check by pinging it and then ping an address outside of the router).
    		9) Do a traceroute to the destination to verify all routers along the connection path are operational.
    		10) Verify that your subnet mask is setup properly.
    		11) Verify that your local software or hardware firewall is not blocking outbound connections originating from CuteFTP.
    		12) Verify that your anti-virus software is not at fault (try disabling it).
    STATUS:>  	[1/21/2008 5:08:04 PM] SFTP21 connection closed.

Now i looked at all the 88 pages of comments on the videos page and about 100 people said the same thing but NO ONE told how to fix the problem. I have tryed switching the transfer type to binary and all of the other types. I know i have it set up right i am using the ip i got from my ipod-settings-wifi-blue arrow- and then ip adress. Im using the username "root" and password "alpine" no caps. I have a jailbroken ipod touch with 1.1.1 firmware and i have services, openSSH and BSD subsystem all installed and openSSH turned on in services.

Now my internet is setup like this~

We just bought a new house and we had every room wired with ethernet cables in the walls so i just plug my computer into the wall which goes down to a router (not wireless) in my basement. But i have a wireless router plugged into that router for my laptop and ipod.

So if anyone knows how to fix my problem that would be great and i would really appreciate it. Also i dont know if this could be a problem but whenever i connect my iPod to my computer it doesnt show up in my computer but it does show up in itunes.

Thanks for your help.
    ~WindowsExpert08