CuteFTP Help...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by epedemix, Jan 13, 2008.

1. epedemix

epedemix New Member

Ok so I jailbroke my ipod, and did all that fun stuff. I was following all of the directions from ipodtouchmaster, and when I finished installing cuteftp pro8 it did not automatically open like it was supposed to. After cuteftp did not automatically open I decide to select the icon and open it manually, after I double clicked the icon my laptop started making a really wierd buzzing noise, and it was definatly caused by the cuteftp ( also I was watching ipodtouchmasters youtube instructions at the time and that froze ). I proceeded with shutting down the computer and restarting it. When windows was finished loading I tried to open up cuteftp pro8 again, and once more the buzzing noise came. I restarted the computer and tried to reinstall cuteftp, and again it did not open automatically so I once again tried to open it, and of course it made the loud buzzing noise.

Has anyone had this problem before ?
    What is causing this problem ?
    What can I do to fix this problem ?
    Can somebody please help me ?

Thanks - - epedemix
  2. deveelx

deveelx New Member

If CuteFTP is givng prblem, use WinSCP as another option. WinSCP is much more recommended. And It's free. Search the forums for the WinSCP tutorial. I can't give u the link since I'm using my ipod right now.
    This is for PC users only though. For Mac, try searching for Cyberduck.
  3. epedemix

epedemix New Member

Ok well I d/l and installed the WinSCP and I followed the tutorial, I loaded my ip address as the name, used port 22, username is root and pass is alpine. When I saved and clicked login it tells me connection failed. Any ideas on why that is happening. I am using ipod version 1.1.1, am I supposed to upgrade to 1.1.2 ?

I dont understand why niether program is working..