Customizing dock on 2.0

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Shadowness, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Shadowness

Shadowness New Member

Ive searched LOADS on this but cant find any info on it.

How do you customise the dock? ie. replace icons and/or get 5 icons?

I know of the freeboard utility, but Im not sure if thats for 2.0 firmware, as Ive read that sits downloaded from installer (so cant be 2.0!)

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well: u cant get 5 dock icons in dock on 2.0 yet.
    to actually customize the them of the dock, change the SBDockBG.png in /system/library/CoreServices/Springboard.app.
  3. Shadowness

Shadowness New Member

Ok, but isnt what youve just told me how to customise the dock image?
    I mean how do I replace the apps in the dock itself ie. get safari in the dock etc
  4. broti

broti New Member

well if you want to just put a new app in the dock you can use the wiggle feature which is an old feature. You just hold your finger on the safari or any app until the app begins to wiggle. The downloaded apps will have an "X" in the top left corner to delete the downloaded apps only. But you need to remove 1 of the 4 apps on your dock by just dragging one of them to the rest of the ipods apps. and then replace it by dragging another application like safari to the dock.

not really sure if thats exactly what you mean but thats how i have my apps on my dock. and sadly you can only have 4 apps in the dock. Apple should fix that

Please Register or Log in to view images