Customizing apps

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by coleboyreyman, Dec 21, 2009.

1. coleboyreyman

coleboyreyman New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Allright this is my first question on this site haha,
    Okay so I just jailbroke my iPod and I have been customizing it as much as I can. I already have set up an inav theme called ihome so I know how customizing can be a pain in the butt. Plus I know how to ssh, jailbreak, and all that stuff so I'm pretty confident when it comes to dealing with this device. Like I said I have my theme so my springboard is nice and organized. I'm in the middle of making my new app icons for my games and misc. Apps but one thig is bugging me, and that would be the apps appearence. By this I mean I think the app is freaking ugly, and I am very picky. Anyways, I was curious if I could change the appearence on Photoshop or something. For example, I have a texting app and I fell In love with it cuz it works perfectly. But when I launch it it comes up with a big ugly title page. I know I may be crazy picky but there are other things I know I can change because my theme changed the categories app. Ok well I guess my question is, can I customize the appearence of the app( buttons, titles pages, ect.) on Photoshop?
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    yes, go into the apps folder and pull the stuff you want out, and replace it with the new stuff. the loading page is usually default.png
  3. coleboyreyman

coleboyreyman New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have tried that before. I ssh'd my iPod at copied an app onto my desktop and when I went to open the png's they were just black images. Was this just a fluke cuz I only tried it once or am I doing something wrong..
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    some do that others dont, but for me there always clear if not the right way, i usually just edit them with ifile tho so problem solved
  5. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    they have to be converted or something to be usable by a computer
    i dont know but iphone folders does some kind of converting when i pull pngs off of my ipod
  6. coleboyreyman

coleboyreyman New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm using a widows computer so idk if that has anything different with it. And what is ifile?
  7. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it lets you browse all your private idevice files straight from your idevice