Customize?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Applefan69, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

Hello, is there a way to revert everything customize changed back to default? through SSH or something?

I tried re-arranging the dock with customize but it made it so only two icons will fit in the dock now. Furthermore, now customize crashes every time I go to change the icon order (everything else in customize works though) So... should i un-install then re-install customize?

In all honesty I'd rather just have it go back to default. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea i noticed that too in th Customize.app 1.5 (Newest one/Out today) and theres always 2 blank spaces on the dock and even if you move them down they move back up to the dock.
  3. daddy_fizz

daddy_fizz New Member

I just tried customize v1.16 that was posted to the google code site about an hour ago. It has the same problem with the blank spot on the dock. It seems like it is trying to use the iPod from the iPhone and not the seperate music/video. I tried using the ipod2 and ipod3 tweaks but neither seemed to help...

~Fizz
  4. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

well some good news.

First off they JUST release customize 1.6 (go install it if i were you i guess) after installing that customize no longer crashes like i said in my above post. Whihc means I CAN edit the order of icons AGAIN. (thank god thats a small relief)

BUT the dock glitch whihc I described in my first post is still happening.

But thanks for letting me know you noticed this too, at least that reasures me that im not the ONLY one having this problem, and that means a fix for it will more then likely come.
  5. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im trying out v1.16 now too, Yea, they fixed the blank line glitch, but added a new one where your only aloud 2 dock items. Ugh this sucks lol.
  6. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

yeah, it does, customize doesn't seem very good yet. it COULD be a great application, ( i bet it works fine on iPhones) but for iPod touches Im no longer gonna trust it.

Question for anyone with knowledge, after going throuhg the installer apps in the "Tweaks" folder (with iSwitcher Source) there is an app called ModPak.

After going throuhg the image previous of it (in more info) it appears to be pretty similar to customize just obviously not as well known. THe more info says nothing about ipod support, but could anyone tell me if they've used this app and if it works or not?
  7. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea, currently i am using iOrder, a great program for windows by RazerM, that is a good summerboard pretty much, the only downside is that you can't do it straight from your iPoT. But it does connect and save the N45AP file to your iPoT.
  8. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

Is there anythin like iOrder for Mac's? We don't have a single PC in our house (my whole family praises Apple, and macs)
  9. lilskaterpunk

lilskaterpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  10. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    After spending all day upgrading to 1.1.2, I was almost back to my perfect iPod from 1.1.1 when I decided to install Customize 1.15. I should have stuck with 1.13. It made it so only 2 dock items were present, just as listed above.

I hated this, so using a Windows PC, I downloaded iOrder, stashed my iPod in a couch five floors below me (where there was Wi-Fi) and used iOrder to edit my iPod exactly how I wanted it and fixed the damage Customize had done. I went back downstairs to retrieve my Ipod, reset it, and everything was perfect.

I recommend Customize 1.13, because even though quirky, it still worked (some times, you had to be nice to it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Or if you own Windows, go with iOrder. I agree, it SUX u cant edit on the go like Customize offers. But hey, thats what smart people are for. Given some time, Im sure/I hope Customize will come back around again as a solid program for iTouches.