Customize!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by willryan42, May 10, 2008.

1. willryan42

willryan42 New Member

I'm on 1.1.4, using customize 2.0, and hating it. I couldn't get Danimator's customize working. It installed fine, did the couple crashes, but then just keeps crashing when I open it. If I look in the library folder, there are only a few folders inside the customize folder. Any idea why? Also, is there any place I can get the old customize, or any other version? I wanted to get skylar's version, but the repo is down.
  2. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I cant stand 2.0. I used this other one that was on installer. but it didnt work. Then I tried 1.21 that I backed up in SSH but it didnt work. I really hate using 2.0 because mines not letting me change the dock or the carrier image. I tried to install the ipod customize fix but it didnt work. I really hope someone could post 1.21 either on a repo or for download.
  3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    for the old customize
    use this source
    ipodtouched.net/repo.xml
  4. willryan42

willryan42 New Member

Yeah, I hate customize 2.0. Especially since you can't ssh stuff in, which is half of the stuff I use.

And I have that source, but I think its down?
  5. willryan42

willryan42 New Member

FINALLY SOMETHING THAT WORKS!

I entered this command:

ln -s /var/root /var/mobile

after uninstalling customize, then reinstalled, crashed three times, then it worked.
  6. interestingkid

interestingkid Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    customize 2.0 is SO much better than the past ones because it does the work of summberboard too so you don't need to go into 2 seperate apps to change themes and icons