Customize

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by marcr92, Oct 28, 2007.

1. marcr92

marcr92 New Member

I don't have an FTP because I don't even know what it is. I downloaded customize off of installer and it doesn't work. Is there any way to get it to work without going on to your computer and doing the FTP?

If someone can explain what FTP is and how I can make an account that would be great.

Thanks
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. Basically it is used to transfer files from your computer to your iPod. See this wikipedia page for more information on FTP. Here is a good FTP program that I use, it is called WinSCP. Download this program and enter the information. Here is the information that you will need to enter:

ip adress- To find this go to settings in your iPod, go to wifi, and touch the blue arrow next to your wireless network.

Username- root

Password- alpine

Port number- 22

Once you enter all of this information you can access the files that are on your iPod touch. See this for instructions on getting a working version of customize (You have to use WinSCP for this so leave it up.)
  3. phamiho

phamiho New Member

hello, I have a mac, can I use fetch apps? Does it works for mac? I would like to place my icons to the order I wanted using customize on the IPT. Please help.