Customize won't work anymore?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by porky101, Oct 16, 2008.

1. porky101

porky101 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have itouch 8GB wit jailbroken 2.1 I had customize for while and it worked then all of a sudden when i went into it would not show me any of the previews and when i download and installed a slider or something nothing would happen. So i tried to re-install it and now when ever i launch it crahses.

I looked for a Terminal fix like they had with 1.1.4 but i have failed to find one

Thanks in advance
  2. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

customize is pointless to have anymore. Winterboard does everything that customize does , plus someone put a bunch of my custom stuff up on customize 2.0 and didn't give me any credit
  3. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    how about editing system strings in Winterboard?? is there any way other than SSH'ing
  4. stepheire

stepheire Member

same here cutomize started to crash 2 days ago

no idea why?
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

If y'all had done the smart thing and searched "Customize 2.1", you'd have your answers.

But to sum it up, if you don't have any local themes stored, you're screwed because Customize won't run in offline mode without local themes. You cannot download themes anymore because the servers which were supposed to serve themes don't work right, and haven't worked right since July.

To edit system strings in WinterBoard, you just have to use a Theme which has SpringBoard.strings in the Theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj folder. There is one such theme in the Tutorials forum, under the "Removing the Slide to Unlock" thread. This can be put on the iPod using DiskAid.