Customize v1.21 Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by N-joi, Jan 22, 2008.

1. N-joi

N-joi New Member

I've been experiencing some problems with my iPod since last night, and i don't know whats caused it.

The first problem i noticed was, if i downloaded a App and then returned the springboard it doesn't refresh like it should do. If i got to "uninstall" the App isn't there, but still remains in the list where i downloaded it from.

When i go into "Customize" their is no picture of the App, just the name of it, but if i go into "Categories" it shows a grey box with a question mark in it - So I've moved them icons to a folder that has already been made, so i can try and launch them - But if i tap them, they just return to the springboard.

I've noticed when downloading Apps, it will download it without any problems - When it gets to the unpacking part, it status bar will go half way and return to the springboard.

Now i can't seem to open "Customize" if i tap it, it will load the Spicey Chicken picture, then it goes to a grey page saying "Version 1.21" . In my Installer Updates, its asking me to update to "Customize V 1.21" but it wont install it because of the above.

Is it possible someone can lend me some advice please - thanx a lot.
  2. Crazy_Colombiano

Crazy_Colombiano New Member

seemes to me that you have reached your app memory limit
    delete some stuff or search a way how to make the app memory bigger i know its possible
  3. N-joi

N-joi New Member

Thanx i will look into that, but seems pretty strange really as I've not a lot of stuff on it - A mate of mine has got a hell of a lot more stuff than me, and his works fine

I've not even got filled the second page of my spring board.
  4. Crazy_Colombiano

Crazy_Colombiano New Member

oh wow that little i have about 4 to 5 pages with out the app memory wasting hmmmm thats wierd
    either way try that thing out
  5. N-joi

N-joi New Member

Thats what I'm scratching my head about, theres hardly anything on it yet - got shed loads of sources though. Is it possible someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction of a link, I've tried on here & google with no joy.

Oh I've managed to sort "Customize Version 1.21" Out, i uninstalled version 1.20, then downloaded version 1.21 - All i can say is, I'm loving the new tweaks.
  6. arieh

arieh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have been having EXACTLY the same problem. Please give me advice on what to do!
  7. N-joi

N-joi New Member

I suggest before you do this, check to see if you have the Customize version 1.21, sorry i can't remember what source folder its in - only Jailbreaked mine a couple of days ago.

First i uninstalled "Customize version 1.20" it completely removes it from your springboard, not to worry coz it should allow you to download & install Customize version 1.21.

Since I've done this, its let me download other things without any hiccups - But I've only downloaded a couple of thing, so i dunno if its properly fixed or not.

just need to find out out this memory thing.

Hope that helps.
  8. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

If anyone if havening app memory issues you need to install bosstool and reallocate your apps
  9. N-joi

N-joi New Member

Thanx for the advice fella, hopefully I'm all sorted now

iPod seem's to be running sweat as a nut, just need to sort some dead launchers and I'm laughing