customize still not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Johnny Quest, May 4, 2008.

1. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Ok, I probably posted this somewhere but forgot where. but, I did the whole reboot, install, reinstall, went to contacts typed gibberish stuff so the keyboard won't freeze, reinstalled the sources, and still can't get Customize to work. I do the finger thing on the screen and it goes to the customize without the crash and then reopening it. I still don't see the folders in Winscp and I can't even add anything because there's no folder.
    Can some one please help.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I answered in other post. The easiset thing for you to do would be to add this source:
    khaos139.890m.com/repo.xml and then install the Library and Media Symlinks. This will make the Media folder and creat the symlinks you need. If you don't want to do that ssh into /private/var/root/Library/ and create a folder called Customize and they will show up there. Make sure you installed BSD Subsystem, SUID Lib Fix and other necessasry files first!
  3. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

are you on about customize 1.21 or 2.0?
    if 2.0 the folder in /Library/ is called customize2
    if this is 2.0 and it is crashing on opening, permissions in the customize.app folder need to be set to 777 that will fix the crashing.
  4. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    thanks jpga and ipodtouchedward, forget about the other post. I will try this. I was loading the modd customize one.
  5. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I did the khaos139 source and followed your instructions and dude you are my freakn' HERO. finally I can die in peace. I was on this thing all night and missed my "ironman movie" because of this. I didn't want to give her the ipod in this condition. Now I can go to the movies. LOL. thanks again.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Glad it worked! Enjoy!
  7. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    thanks ipodtouchedward because I went to 2.0 and it continue to crash until I changed the permissions.
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You probably aren;t going to like 2.0 very much!
  9. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    but the 2.0 is still crashing
  10. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    ok, here we go again. I wanted to load some batteries for her and some themes I have but there is no folder for any icon in the Customize2 folder. where can it be?