Customize screwed my apps (and help with backup)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by MrH2o, Jan 27, 2008.

1. MrH2o

MrH2o New Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Hello everyone, first time here so take it gently

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have a ipod touch 1.1.1 (jailed) and installed many apps on it (Organize was one of them)
    Since i wanted my front page to be clean and created a folder named Programs and stuck every program inside it (Organize, Installer etc) but I later noticed that my Installer couldn't uninstall the apps anymore, they simply didn't showed up.

I downloaded installer again and placed it on the main screen, I then removed every app inside the "program" folder but they never found its way back to the main screen, they just dissapered. I think i have more apps on my touch then actually showing and want to clean it (and install 1.1.3)

So my question is, what maps shall i take backup on? I dont care about the apps that much since i can always download them again, but my contact, calendar and internet favorites is something i want to keep.

And what method are you guys suggesting? hardware reset or can i just delete som folders via FTP that i dont want (I don't know how much a program is "spread" is it just one folder or many diffrent?)

Please help me out with this. Thanks in advance!