Customize Problems (circle of death)

Discussion in 'Customize 2.0 Discussions' started by psp2468, Apr 6, 2008.

1. psp2468

psp2468 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i just installled the new 2.0 customize BETA and was fildling around with it. I installed a theme and click restart summerboard. I got the circle of death. So i turn it fully off and turned it on again but i still got the cirlce of death.

I have the intro installed with shows what the ipod is doing and it says things i havnt seen before such as Volume Bit Map need minor repair and Volume Header need minor repair and jettosing kernal something. Then at a random time the circle of death will appear yet again. After 5 minutes or so with the circle of death the ipod will restart and do it all over again.

Im guessing restoring is the only fix but i really dont want to so if anyone no a fix please post here!

P.S I have already tried THIS and it didnt work AND i have tried deleting the customize.app folder on my ipod and still nothing :s

I Hate this thing ----->

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

did you look on the customize.com forum?

i think the perpetual SWOD = time to restore
  3. psp2468

psp2468 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i willl make a post on their forum. Good idea!

Anyone no a fix?

EDIT: Forget it, im gonnna restore.

EDIT2: I replaced the com.apple.springboard.plist file and it worked!! W00t! Tho im never thouching customize 2.0 again until its out of beta/alpha.
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

This usually happened in previous versions due ot 0-byte sized files being copied over valid ones, IIRC. The only fix for it is to, as you've discovered, replace the springboard.plist file. Dunno why this happened to you, since this hasn't really shown up much in the forums since A14 or so, if I remember it right.

What theme did you install? Also, what version of SummerBoard do you have set up?
  5. michael123

michael123 New Member

so would that be a way of fixing the circle of death???but when i had it i couldnt replace it because it would do it then restart so i couldnt go ionto ssh
  6. psp2468

psp2468 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yup, inleast thats how i fixed it

Try using total commander...
  7. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    omg i thought it was just me!

same thing here!! i lsot everything on ipod..
  8. Nayfe

Nayfe New Member

just love to know how to get customize 2.0... ive signed up to website (which is being incredibly slow) but theres no repo link or anything? any help will be appreciated and will give rep

thanks
  9. jcarroll

jcarroll New Member

I've got the SWOD too and I'm not using Customize. I downloaded a handfull of Summerboard themes and bam, i'm circling.

What did you replace the com.apple.springboard.plist file with? Had you made a copy beforehand?