Customize problems....2 questions

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by edisonho1990, Nov 21, 2007.

1. edisonho1990

edisonho1990 New Member

I downloaded Customize 1.1.8. via installer and then use the customize fix which runs the chicken one instead of the cow.

1. Firstly, for example if i wanted to add extra dock icons so that i could see via installer how would i do that?

2. When i go to arrange icon order, there is no settings so that i can make 5 icons on the dock :S

thanks
  2. camote

camote New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah i noticed this problem just today... theres no longer a way to change the number of icons on the dock... or can i not just find it?

any help?
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Skylar sent me this PM when I asked him the same question. It works perfectly.....

Yeah, for some reason, 1.1.8 (and previous versions) don't allow the dock customization like that, but it is an easy, easy fix.

1) Open up your N45AP.plist and look for the entry for the app you want to put back into the bar. IT will look like thie

HTML Code:
    <dict>
    <key>displayIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.apptapp.Installer</string>
    </dict>2)

Cut that entire block drom wherever it is.

3) Scroll up until you see the "<key>buttonBar</key>.
    4) Paste the entry into that short list, before <key>iconList</key>
  4. mambotango

mambotango New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    This is what I did...

With version 1.18 installed as well as the fix, I also wanted the facility to control the number of icons in the dock, so, I copied back the Customize-Ipod Edition. At first, the dock swap did not work. I uninstalled the iPod customize fix from installer and now everything works.

I have the dock icons controlled and as well as the carrier, dock swap, weather icon, weather background, notepad... everything working well except probably for the calculator stuff which I never tested.
  5. edisonho1990

edisonho1990 New Member

ok thanks i'll try that when i get home, but for the other question, how do i add extra options for...(i.e.) dock icons, wi-fi images etc?
  6. gabevicente742

gabevicente742 New Member

so where exactly do I find the N45AP.plist file??