Customize problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by mooshoepork, Jul 31, 2008.

1. mooshoepork

mooshoepork New Member

I had installed/downloaded a theme from the theme browser. It IS there because I have checked via SSH and all the files are there. It just doesn't seem to want to apply.

I go into preferences and revert to that theme, respring, and it's just the same. Even after rebooting the ipod.

What am I doing wrong?
  2. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well i heard customize is not complete at all yet.
  3. SupermanCS

SupermanCS New Member

This is a common, known problem with a very buggy, should-probably-be-in-beta customize

wait until summerboard is released and customize is patched, these things should be fixed soon
  4. mooshoepork

mooshoepork New Member

So, it just doesn't work at ALL? for some people? How come people are showing springboards here then? There's gotta be a reason why it worked for them and not me.
  5. SupermanCS

SupermanCS New Member

it works at different levels for different people. The wallpaper doesn't work for anyone, and i think the sliders don't work either

you can try a reinstall, but it still won't be fully functional until it's updated
  6. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Customize is really buggy right now. I don't recommend messing with it... as it usually just hangs up on you or just crashes back to the SpringBoard randomly. Kinda reminds me of when Customize 2.0 alpha was released...
  7. SupermanCS

SupermanCS New Member

also, the springboards you see could easily be from fw 1.1.4

have patience
  8. mooshoepork

mooshoepork New Member

Thanks for the replies. I figured it out. I wasn't applying it. I was "reverting". You have to go into the browser and click "apply to device"

Cheers.
  9. Sanek

Sanek New Member

I've been "applying" and it did not work for me either. I figured that its way too buggy atm and its probably best to play around with it yet
  10. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Correction: It's probably best NOT to play around with it. IMO, Customize 2.1.1 should be in Beta, if it isn't already (I'm not too sure, but with all the bugs, it really should be..). You shouldn't fiddle with it unless you really know what you're doing (And I'm positive I don't).