Customize - Pissing me off, please help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Tylerg123, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Tylerg123

Tylerg123 New Member

I have a Ipod touch, I downloaded customize from a link on this forum, set everything to 755, did exactly what a guide told me to do. Ive looked over it 10 times, tapped the cow 100 times and nothing... am I missing something? please help before I break something

Please Register or Log in to view images

gah - after rebooting a few times and endless tries finally got it working ><
  2. FakePassword

FakePassword New Member

i think you have to tap the flaming chicken, not the cow.

3. Og Loc

Og Loc New Member

wait whats ur problem u just cant open the customize app fully?

4. Bullet X Dodger

Bullet X Dodger New Member

Same thing is happening to me...idk anything about a 755 but i can't get it to open.
  5. sangesf

sangesf New Member

Um... if you noticed, he said, he did get it to work after he rebooted his ipot a few times.
  6. Joker

Joker New Member

u dont only have to download that file, you need to get it from installer, then replace it with the one you downloaded

7. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well I have just updated my iPod Touch to firmware 1.1.2 and this is the method I used for installing and getting customize to work (After about 10 previous failed attempts using various versions).

I first cleaned up all previous attempts I had made (Uninstalled via installer, and made sure the Customize.app folder was removed via WinSCP).

Then I did the following:
    1. Open up Installer.app and find Customize. Yes it says it's for iPhone, ignore it and install it anyway.
    2. Close Installer.app, when it asks you to slide to unlock, do it.
    3. Do not touch anything else when you are on your SpringBoard. Immediately reboot your iPod Touch.
    4. Tap Customize on your SpringBoard, it will open, pause for about 20 seconds and close.
    5. Tap Customize again, this time continue tapping the screen, and it should load up. If so, your done, congratz!
    6. If it doesn't load second time, keep trying until it does, it will eventually load.

For some reason people are telling you not to install the one from Installer.app, or to install it and then replace the files. There is absolutely no need, yes it contains iPhone specific stuff, but just ignore them. As for the icon ordering section, mine appears to have realised I am on an iPod and gave me the Music, Video and Pictures icons, rather than the single iPod icon.

Works a treat

8. shegs

shegs New Member

nope... even the detailed explanation isnt working for me...
    I have 1.1.2 and customize 1.8 and I get a picture of the spicy chicken for 5 seconds and then it crashes to springboard.
    hope this gets resolved soon
  9. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Did you reboot after you installed it? And are you constantly tapping the chicken when it appears like I described? If so, how many times have you launched and tapped?
  10. WolfDV

WolfDV New Member

check if Notes and Launcher are installed . .

i read a thread on another forum that this sometimes helps.

I personally didn't have an issue with customize 1.18, but you could check that to see if it works