Customize on 2.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MitchG95, Nov 23, 2008.

1. MitchG95

MitchG95 New Member

Hi, im sorta new to this kinda stuff and im wondering something about customize on my firmware 2.2

Well a while back my friend had an ipod touch and an iphone and he was able to go into customize and change his slider, the text on the slider, and like a lot of other stuff.

then when i jailbroke my new ipod and i got customize it seems to have almost no features. i cant change the text on my slider and all that kinda stuff and i really want to customize my ipod to make it more to my likings. any help?

Thanks.
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Per the Themes forum, the answer is WinterBoard. It ski a everything.
  3. MitchG95

MitchG95 New Member

I have winterboard but its kinda hard to use. Can anyone make an winterboard GUI thats a cleaner better looking skin?
  4. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think there's an app on Cydia called WBApp or something that basically is a GUI for winterboard
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

I never saw it as hard to use - you just check off the theme you want turned on and hit 'Home'.
  6. akjeter

akjeter New Member

its getting the specific themes that change only what you want thats the more difficult part. It does the same things, its just not as easy and simplified to do it in winterboard
  7. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wintherboard is very easy to use and it more stable than customize , also there is a wide variety of themes in Cydia .
  8. mphantom93

mphantom93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah, I agree with this guy. Winterboard is a strong tool, but Customize would be much better at it, I don't see why they don't just put in a simple little GUI. It tends to get kind of annoying searching through you long list of themes, and when you want to grab a piece of a theme and match it up with another you have to know what you are doing for it to work.

But I have been searching for a way to get Customize back, I would rather have it. But Winterboard is all they are willing to give us.
  9. zackymcharvest

zackymcharvest New Member

We need customize back!

If anyone could tell me how to change the text for the "slide to unlock" and the text that says iPod in the corner on 2.2.1 or if customize even works on 2.2.1
  10. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)