Customize not changing images

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by tgm, Aug 7, 2008.

1. tgm

tgm New Member

I installed Customize a few days ago, and have uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times. For some reason or another, whatever theme I use, it doesn't want to change the dock background or the main background. I'm not really sure what information I need to give you for this, but I'm on a jailbroken 2.0 and used Pwnage Tool to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd really love to get this working. Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Customize doesn't support SpringBoard wallpaper.
  3. tgm

tgm New Member

A SpringBoard wallpaper is the wallpaper behind the icons on the home screen, correct?
    If so, what about the dock then? That isn't changing either for me.
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Yes, SpringBoard wallpapers are theones behind the icons. Try Winterboard for that.

Hmm, for the docks, I'm not sure. Make sure that there are 2 dock .png's in the theme you download, and try rebooting after applying. If all else fails, use Winterboard for the dock too, or SSH in and change /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG.png and SBDockBG2.png to your own.
  5. tgm

tgm New Member

I'm trying to get the Reveal theme from Customize. Where do they go when I download them? Will it work with Winterboard? I'm not too comfortable with SSHing into the iPod and changing the images, because I am not quite sure which ones are which. Thanks for the help, by the way.
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Well, open up Customize Images/Sounds > Dock Image > Dock and open the Reveal Dock. There should be two pictures. If there is one or none, (I believe Reveal's dock is transparent, no?) then you'll need to SSH in and rename /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG.png and SBDockBG2.png to SBDockBG.png.bak and SBDockBG.png2.bak, and then you will have no dock (AKA transparent), and the backups are right there.

When you want your old dock back, just rename SBDockBG.png.bak and SBDockBG.png2.bak back to SBDockBG.png and SBDockBG2.png.

This is really a one time only thing, since Reveal has a transparent dock, and Customize will not apply transparent or invisible things.
  7. tgm

tgm New Member

Oddly enough, there is no Reveal dock choice. I have Reveal installed too.

Also, I have another quick question. Would it be possible to use Reveal through Winterboard?
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Not unless you found a version made for SummerBoard. Customize themes are structed differently than SummerBoard/Winterboard.

Seroiusly, just try the renaming of the SpringBoard files. It's not very dangerous, and it's a good way to start dipping your feet in to editing system files.
  9. tgm

tgm New Member

I would do that, but that wouldn't really fix the problem. I just looked more carefully and realized that almost none of the icons get changed to the Reveal theme icons when I select it in Customize. The same thing happens with a Wii theme I got from it. It at least changes the app icons and the Unlock slider images.