Customize: Is it for 1.1.1 or 1.1.2?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by unigee, Dec 30, 2007.

1. unigee

unigee New Member

Hi,

Ive only just heard about jailbreaking and whatnot but a couple days ago I had downgraded my firmware to 1.1.1 and jailedbreaked using the link in that easiest method to jailbreak thread.
    From then on I installed many apps (I was too excited), then last night I decided to install customize.

After I installed it (I can't remember if I ran it or not), I plugged my ipod into itunes to sync, itunes said it couldn't read my ipod and told me I needed to restore it.

When I clicked music and videos on my ipod, it said there was no content.

As I got bit worried at this point I just decided to restore it and after the long download and restore process my ipod was back to how it was when I opened the box.

This time I set out to jailbreak the 1.1.2 firmware and followed the video on yourtube, and I now have 1.1.2 jailbroken with all my music/videos and apps that I want after many hours of installing.

I am guessing customize is for 1.1.2? I am to nervous to go and install it now in case I lose my content again and I will have to redo the whole process.
  2. hagelin.r

hagelin.r New Member

Customize works with both 1.1.1 and 1.1.2.
  3. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i think there is a customize old and a customize new, the old one might wrok with 1.1.1 and you might have gotten the new one on accident. One question though, why didnt you use the method where you downgrade to 1.1.1 jailbreak it then upgrade and jailbreak it again, that way you could use all of the latest up to date apps.
  4. racedude

racedude New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Your problem may have been caused by installer when installing customize, you really shouldn't worry. Just make sure you don't install "customize (old)" because that is for the iPhone. You shouldn't have a problem, as it seems that was a very rare problem. I run customize fine so give it a shot. You really don't have much to loose as you can restore easily.

Good luck!
  5. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    also customize is trickey when using it at first, you open it and it doesnt work. it will just quit and kick you back to the springboard, open it again and tap the chicken a few times and it should work. after that it should wor every time.
  6. unigee

unigee New Member

I didn't know I could upgrade at the time, because I didn't understand it all properly I just chose the easiest method which was "Easiest jailbreak ever - no computer required! (For 1.1.1)" link in the jailbreak forum.

Well when I was on 1.1.1 I installed the Customize new version, and now I can remember starting it up and seeing a chicken, thats all I got to see of Customize before I notice itunes was complaining about not reading the ipod.

your right racedude, I aint got nothing to lose. My itunes libary is all there, and its the holidays which is a perfect time to test these things out.

Will give it another shot!