Customize Help (Noob)

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by JacobComik, Apr 26, 2010.

1. JacobComik

JacobComik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey

Sorry for the noob question but I'm stuck.

How do I get customize on my iPod Touch 2G (3.0 Software).

I search 'Customize' on Cydia and nothing comes up, and all the tutorials I have watched/read (For Example )seem to begin with you downloading Customize off of Cydia.

Sorry if I'm missing something ridiculously simple

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks!

P.S If anyone could link me to some beginner tutorials for Customize I would love them eternally!!
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Customize (now defunct) was from the 1.1.x days; use WinterBoard for all your theming needs.
  3. JacobComik

JacobComik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But how can I customize each individul theme and use things from different themes with each other?

Thanks btw.

Also can someone link me to a tutorial for getting a users own wallpaper using openssh?
  4. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    The best way to customize a theme is to make a whole new one with the components you want from other themes. I'm assuming you get your themes from cydia, so ssh to library/themes and move the themes you want to your computer. Make a new folder, and duplicate the stuff from the themes and put them in the new folder. Name it something else, ie My Theme. Make sure to keep it organized and the spelling and punctuation of the folders and images are the same as they are in the cydia themes. Check out this thread for theme frameworks if you get stuck. As for the wallpaper, huh? Put any wallpaper you want in your theme and name it Wallpaper.png or you could just put it in your picture library and select user wallpaper in winterboard. This is now becoming a book so I'm gonna shut up. Hope I helped.
  5. JacobComik

JacobComik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Perfect. Thanks a ton!