Customize fix

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Wyatt2987, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just jailbroke my iPod and trying to change system strings, and I have customize and when I open it, it's says "initilizing customize" er somethng and then it crashes. Also why can't I change my lock screen wallpaper with a theme? Do I need summberboard?
  2. ipodtouchisc00l

ipodtouchisc00l New Member

Customize hasnt been working for a few months now, for anybody. and idk about your lock screen problem. just go to photos, select a photo, then choose the button that says set as wallpaper.
  3. Appdict

Appdict New Member

Ehmm, SummerBoard? And Customize is, iffy. Use WinterBoard

Please Register or Log in to view images

to change the .Strings files.

Google wubs you

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    And I love google but there's been too many jailbreaks to search for this one specific 2.2 issue. But how do I change strings in winterboard? I don't have that option
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

You just get a theme which has a SpringBoard.strings file in it, and apply it. All you need is a text editor to edit the Strings file in one of those themes. Buff2 has one, as does the "No Slider Message" theme in the Tutorials forum under Danls92's thread "How to Remove 'Slide to Unlock' text". Winterboard doesn't directly edit the source file - it only changes the one in the UICache area, so it doesn't have an 'edit string' option in the program.... but other people have already created such Springboard.strings files for you to use.