customize DOES NOT work on my jailbroken 2.0 ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by elor, Aug 17, 2008.

1. elor

elor New Member

hey guys i have an ipod touch which i got last week and i installed the new 2.0 firmware and after that i jailbroke it with the pwnage tool (i am using a mac though) ok so once i enter cydia and download the customize app its all good but then when i go on the customize app and try to really customize my home screen or any other thing it doesnt do anything but changing the icons. i want to change the whole theme but it wouldnt let me

pleasee helpp..!
  2. Ezra

Ezra Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Why don't you go post it in every section? I'm sure people will start helping you more...

(Second time)
  3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Make sure you have winterboard as well. Besides that I do not know what to tell you.
  4. elor

elor New Member

ok so to be honest i have no idea what winterboard is and no idea where to get it or if i have it
  5. Rougelead

Rougelead New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    HOW CAN SO MANY PEOPLE BE IDIOTS? The only thing that made customize work was summerboard. SO one would think "no summerboard so i cant put themes on my iphone throught it".

sure i can understand someone not knowing about winterboard but forgeting about the only thing that made it work is just not acceptable.

Now lets say you had winterboard. Well in summerboard you needed to set the theme to customize. Lets see is there one in winterboard? NO!

Jeeze guys im going to make a post on why my winterboard has no customize option...

Come on think! The programs are new, its not the same, names change, and some thing just dont work!
  6. elor

elor New Member

ok bro if u know so much kool just tell me what to download and what i should do to make this freakin customize work

btw thanx!
  7. MadSon011

MadSon011 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    did you not read the comment or are you that illogical
  8. elor

elor New Member

ok so i need to get the summerboard thing? where can i get it from??
  9. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Summerboard doesn't work with 2.0. Now did you download Customize with Cydia? If not, then you probably need to change the permissions on the customize application to 6777. That can be done with a program like iCommander or through WinSCP or CyberDuck. Otherwise, if you wanted to change the wallpaper, that function doesn't work with Customize 2.1.1 because Summerboard and Freeboard are not working with Firmware 2.x at this time.

As for Winterboard, check Cydia - it's in there and will do both icons and wallpapers, but not status bars or battery images unless you've got those included in the Winterboard theme (aka: Summerboard themes don't have them). You can change THOSE with Customize... if the permissions on Customize are set right.

Beyond that, I'd suggest the SEARCH function.
  10. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Customize works fine for me on 2.0. But really the only thing I use it for now is changing system strings. There always having server trubles and themes dont always download corectly. I perfer winterboard. Les trubble.

But when ever I do get conected to there server and the thems download it works fine.

Anyway if you really want it to work that bad I started a thread a while back "how to get customize to work on 2.0" or something like that. Just search for it.