Customize Classics

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by milkman, Apr 10, 2009.

1. milkman

milkman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi this app contains a few good books. I like the format it presents the books in, seeing this i wanted to import a book. Manually it seems impossible, is there any app out there that will convert text or a pdf to the classics app format.

Classics forms its books like this

Please Register or Log in to view images

0 being chapter 1
    1 being 2
    so on and so forth

any ideas?
  2. memedai

memedai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    push I'd like to learn it too...

There are some books from the iphone.org.hk/apt/ source you can add to classics, like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings... But I want to add my own and offer German books. I 'd really like to make this.

any ideas?

Im going to email the iphone.org.hk author aswell.

EDIT: Well without getting an answer from javacom, I could add a book to the Classics Collection. I did it with Netatalk and now, I have a part of "Harry Potter und die HeiligtÞmer des Todes" (HP 7 German) to read... It is very simple I think, I can make a video Tutorial if you want. Here are some screens of HP7 on Classics (The Bookcover is low detailed but I'll change it later sometime).

I want to make an .ipa later only with Harry Potter books in it. It may have own shelf styling aswell and own Icons and so on. I really could need help converting eBooks into "small eBooks" and test readers... An own forum would be great, maybe I'll open one later this week. Of course for personal use only, I own the books already.
  3. talon06

talon06 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I would very much like to know the method for making books for Classics. Happy to help with conversions. let me know.

thanks,
  4. memedai

memedai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I was writing a step-by-step tutorial here. I needed 30 minutes though, but this f**king bulletin board said my profile isn't completely filled in so my step-by-step is lost...

thx vBulletin...

instead, I'm sending you my unfinished Harry Potter 7 Book for discovering by yourself... I don't waste my time by writing a step-by-step again because of a piece of junk software.

http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/260242719/HP_Classics.zip
  5. m0nstar

m0nstar New Member

can someone reupload this book again Harry Potter 7 in german?

/ Edit: i try to convert my ebook (pdf) to epub but the dialogs are to small and looks buggy in ibooks