Customize app question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by chrisvandergaag, Aug 18, 2008.

1. chrisvandergaag

chrisvandergaag New Member

sorry if this has been covered... can someone offer a no-nonsense answer to me, and a lot of other people who are having trouble with Customize?

I have Winterboard installed and I AM able to change themes with it.

I have Customize, and I'm able to change specific elements, like my carrier logo, the color of the status bar, etc. BUT, when i try to apply a theme I downloaded in Customize, it doesn't take. I disabled the winterboard theme, thinking it may override themes (thought it might be similar to another bug, where winterboard appears to override themes selected in the rip Dev prefs).

But in either case, no luck getting Customize themes to work. So for now i'm using winterboard to pick a theme, and Customize to make minor changes. Also, i totally tanked my battery image yesterday attempting to change it with customize. nothing logical would fix it. not a big problem since i reinstalled my firmware again today.

Is there any point right now, in downloading themes through customize? I notice they're not showing up in my winterboard menu, AND i'm unable to apply them through Customize itself.
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Winterboard overrides everything.
  3. chrisvandergaag

chrisvandergaag New Member

cool, thanks... but when i have no theme selected in winterboard, I still can't get Customize themes to load...