Customize; any way to place blank spaces

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by marko, Jan 31, 2008.

1. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    what i mean is, could you have the first page of springboard looking like a non-jb ipod with just the calendar etc thn have spaces so that next icons go on p2. that one would just be settings, customize, services etc and then page 3 could be games and p4 other apps and stuff.

i know there is categories but its not the same. id like each page of the springboard for particular icons. any way of doing it?
  2. redroverr

redroverr New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well u could use skip last row, but tht would mean u still need 12 icons on each page....hmmmm
  3. willymcsilly

willymcsilly New Member

1.1.3 lets u put apps anywere 1 per page if you wanted but its not worth the upgrade and its kinda hard to get back to 1.1.1/2
  4. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    thanks guys, yeah skipping last row dont quite do it. and i dont wanna go to 1.1.3 just yet.

thanks anyway
  5. redroverr

redroverr New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    maybee....if some one made an app that wasnt anything( empty) but still showed up on spring. It could have a blank picture and words idk
  6. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    if on 1.1.3, install an app manually then respring then delete it, and you will have an open space of were it was.
  7. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i was wondering about installing anyold app and renaming it to nothing (just spaces) and giving it a transparent icon. i guess that would do it, but if i want say 8 apps on the 2nd page i gotta do it 4 times
  8. iSecks

iSecks New Member

install random small apps and add that SBIsRevealable key to the info.plist, then install advanced prefs, and turn on app reveal. ^_^
  9. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    sorry, dont wanna appear dense, but that doesnt mean much to me. is there a tut somewhere? or can you explain more detail? dont know about editing plists or SBIsRevealable
  10. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

How many times have you ever wanted blank spaces on your iPod touch or iPhone's springboard? Look no further! I have made a few apps that space out your apps for organization or whatever reason! Simply put the apps onto your applications folder (as many as you want because remember each app is a space you see) and respring or reboot your iPod or iPhone and there you have it. All that is left to do is organize them in customize to put them where you want them. It's not hard and it doesn't take rocket science to figure it out!

Go ahead and download them here:
    http://www.box.net/shared/vpzifa8ock

Have fun! I'll make more if you need more!

Prime example of what you can do:

Apple applications on one page....

3rd party apps on the other!