customize and installer problems

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by tiffytazz, Oct 8, 2008.

1. tiffytazz

tiffytazz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have jailbroken my 16gb ipod touch and now it has 2.1 firmware. I added the customize 2.0 and installer 4.0. It doesnt want to seem to load. All the videos Ive seen have an install button and stuff in installer and a lot of options in customize. Mine doesnt. What do I have to do to change/fix that???
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

you have to put stuff on your ipod using ssh
    if you don't know how to do that one word:

search
  3. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Those videos you seen were old....

Installer 4.0 Sucks - Use Cydia
    Customize Sucks - Use WinterBoard

Nuff Said!!
  4. tiffytazz

tiffytazz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so it would be better if i just erase/delete installer and customize?
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Don't doublepost, first. And you may be better killing Installer and Customize, yes - the former just doesn't work right, period, and the latter doesnt' work right with 2.1.
  6. rauli7

rauli7 New Member

I need custmoize too but it keeps on crashing after initializing. I only need it to change the system strings.
    Any idea?
    i'm running 2.1
  7. Jarlath

Read what I posted just before you - it answers your question.
  8. rauli7

rauli7 New Member

I used Customize on 2.1 before to change the system strings. I just restored it and now it does not work?!

I only need customize to change the system strings..I think its to complicated to do that with Winterboard.
  9. Jarlath

As I said, Customize doesn't work with 2.1 very well. Also, if you'd SEARCHED the forum or read the other "Customize" posts, you'd know part of the problem is that Customize 2 has to have a theme in the Library/Customize2 folder in order to work in offline mode - and the theme server's been messed up since June or July, so you can't connect to it to download themes at all. If there aren't any themes in the folder, it doesn't work.

As for changing system strings, it's VERY easy. All you have to do is have a theme that does that and turn the theme on. I'll give you a link to a post that you SHOULD HAVE READ which has a theme in it to remove the Slide to Unlock theme.

Helpful hint: the thread name was 'Remove "Slide to Unlock" when using a Slider'. Post #10 has a theme you extract into your Themes.xxxxxx folder for WinterBoard - turn it on and it removes the Slide to Unlock. The third page has instructions on removing "Slide to Power Off" and "Slide to Answer" strings. Or you CAN open up the SpringBoard.strings file in the theme and change those lines to whatever you want, just by replacing the "" at the end of the label you want to change to whatever text you want.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103640