customize 2.1 on ipodtouch and iphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by JJkidd26, Oct 2, 2008.

1. JJkidd26

JJkidd26 New Member

i have customize 2.1 downloaded from cydia on my iphone and it works fine on a jailbroken 2.1 iphone then i have it on a jailbroken ipodtouch with a firmware 2.1 and everytime i try to download a theme i get a error saying dat i i must connect to the internt first and i alrdy am and files are not found... plz help
  2. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I get this on mine too, but it still works after I dismiss the message.
  3. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    just use winterboard...but make sure ur internet is fast, and doesnt have any blocks, and r u using edge/3g of wifi with the iphone
  4. JJkidd26

JJkidd26 New Member

im using wifi for all, and after i dismiss the message the same problem keeps popping up... i uninstalled and re installed, i even tried FWchanger to trick it into being 2.0 still no luck
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

If you'd bothered to search, you would know that Customize has done this to almost everyone since it went public in June/July. The theme servers don't work even for those with Premium accounts. There is no fix, but to use WonterBoard instead as you can download themes with Cydia for it or SSH them in.
  6. iH@CK3RZ

iH@CK3RZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    yea customize is dead. the only thing its good for is changing the strings but thats it. if you want to use themes just use winterboard.
  7. Jarlath

Actually, as of the most recent revision WinterBoard can change system strings too if you add a SpringBoard.strings file to the Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.proj folder.

Example: "away_lock_Label" = ""; will blank out the "slide to unlock" text that would normally appear.
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

English.lproj*
  9. gujsupastr

gujsupastr New Member

I need customize for my iphone 2.1. I downloaded it from Cydia installs and all but goes back to the home screen after opening. I know on 1.1.4 SUID Lib Fix was used to fix this crash. How about for 2.1? What do I do?
  10. Jarlath

If you'd read the thread you just posted in, instead of doubleposting the same message from yesterday, you'd know that Customize really doesn't work well with Firmware 2.1. Read this thread again for the answer... which was in the same page you posted on.