Customize 2.1 .ipsw

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Frozen72, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

I hate how jailbreaking makes my iPod so much slower and I now have gray text. It it possible that I modify the 2.1.ipsw then use it to restore my iPod will it work? I'm running iTunes 8.
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

I think this is the part where Teslanaut comes in and asks why you had to jailbreak in the first place. And making a new ipsw may not help: I suggest a restore to factory settings to see if it's still slow, first. I think the slowness may have to do with something you installed or the 2.0.2 MobileInstallation you patched in to jailbreak using the Morphey QuickPwn. Or Winterboard is having a fit due to changes in 2.1.
  3. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

I replaced the 2.0.2 mobileinstallation with a patched 2.1 one and the app installs were still very slow and it was all around slower.
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Try a restore first. See if 2.1 is slow for you, period. Then JB using the DevTeam QuickPwn since we don't know if the patched 2.0.2 did permanent damage or not to your current setup. Then install stuff one at a time to see what program is slowing you down.