Customize 2.0 themes from computer?

Discussion in 'Customize 2.0 Discussions' started by Greatnesss, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Greatnesss

Greatnesss Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is there any way to download customize 2.0 themes from a computer. some sites or maybe something like gopher which works with installer.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Right now you have to use the Customize 2.0 app to do it. I have tried SSHing them in along with some other stuff with no luck.
  3. Tturner

Tturner New Member

It takes work but its possible. Download a theme from within customize 2 then ssh into you phone/ipod and pull that theme out. There is a file for each application, just put the icon from your theme in there. For example if you want to change the mobilescrobbler icon, drag the icon you want into the mobilescrobbler folder and change the name to the one in the folder (ie if the .png file is mobilescrobbler1.png in the folder make sure your file is mobilescrobbler1.png exactly otherwise it won't work) SSH the folder back in and your done, I've done it before and can guarantee it works. Good luck!
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Yes you can do that but what a pain in the ass!
  5. Tturner

Tturner New Member

I could not agree more with you, but if you are desperate, its an option.
  6. Opus Penguin

Opus Penguin New Member

I have had to use this method and it is a pain. I copied the OriginalBackup folder to the computer and renamed it to a theme I wanted to make. I put in all the icons I created into each of the appropriate folders and moved the new theme back to the ipod. I had to use the option in Customize that reads "Customize Images/Sounds" and then the "Application Icons" option to manually change each application icon. A big pain. Also, I cannot change all of the icons because the folders do not exist in the original list of folders. When I try to create the folder, and put an icon in there, it either doesn't show up as an option or I get the "Encountered an error copying the files" error. So Iam down to about three icons I cannot change. Otherwise I have my theme back.
  7. bones237

bones237 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    @Opus Penguin,
    You should copy someone else's theme that u downloaded thru theme browser to ur computer to edit, not the OriginalBackup. I forgot what it was but there is something different about the OriginalBackup versus other themes downloaded from the browser.

You cannot change the names of the folders or pngs inside. You have to name all ur images and folders exactly the same as the theme that ur editing.

As far as adding icons for apps that don't exist in the theme, you can do this but it requires editing the SystemFilePaths.plist
  8. personman1

personman1 Banned

You can copy your OriginalBackup theme to your desktop, and change what you want. Rename it and fix the Info.plist.
  9. Greatnesss

Greatnesss Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I knew about this. i meant that can we download it from the computer and put it into customize folder instead of downloading the theme from customize.
  10. Opus Penguin

Opus Penguin New Member

I found this file in the cache folder. Is this correct? I tried editing but the folders still don't show up. Am I editing the correct file in the correct location?