Customize 2.0 help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by essextouch, Oct 5, 2008.

1. essextouch

essextouch New Member

Hi all,

I was trying to install new wifi bars and was following steps to do this when i realized that i do not have any of the folders mentioned to install the bars in! Is there a way around this or do i have to get an earlier version of customize? If so how and where do i do this?

Cheers
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Actually, Customize should create those folders for you in the Library/Customize folder... and then it overwrites the original PNG files in the proper system folder with these ones. However, if you're installing WiFi bars from CYDIA, those aren't Customize themes - those are WinterBoard themes which should be in the /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx, the xxxxxx being whatever string your iPod has after Cydia moved the themes folder there for WinterBoard.

One warning - Customize has been crapping out on people for the last two or three months, after it went public - you can't even connect to the themes server most of the time even in the early hours of the morning, and doesn't work well on 2.1. You may be better served using WinterBoard, which doesn't overwrite system files in order to replace elements of the UI. Plus, you can actually get themes for it.