Customize 1.22

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jfb392, Feb 25, 2008.

1. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thespicychicken has finally updated Customize for real 1.1.3 support.
    It will probably be updated on repos later, for right now, grab it at their Google Code page.
    I had SkylarEC's modded Customize 1.21 before and just copied 1.22 over it, then installed iPod Customize fix from Tweaks and it worked.
    Of course, there's no support for anything having to do with icons, he stated that he'd be dropping support awhile ago.
    Someone should mod in Poof's functionality..
    It just adds an array, so it couldn't be that hard to do.

Screens if you want proof:
    1.1.3:

Please Register or Log in to view images

1.21:

Original battery:

Changed battery:

If you choose to install it, don't forget to chmod the executable to 775.
  2. topke

topke New Member

Thanks!
    Glad to hear.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Oh good, I can't wait to take the custom version off of my repository.
  4. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why's that, too much bandwidth usage?
    And I still think it's really weird that you mentioned this and it came out.

5. SkylarEC

No, my bandwidth isn't even an issue. I just feel bad about posting a modified version of someone else's hard work.
  6. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, it was for the good of the users; it's not like you were claiming it was yours.
    Plus, I'm sure it could become partially your work too if you wanted, they are probably still looking for developers.
    They really need someone to kick them into gear, there's so many features possible but they're just making things compatible, not adding.
    It's unfortunate because this program could be even greater than it is now, I just don't think they care to make it that.
  7. SkylarEC

Actually, I did have an even more custom version that I used on my own personal iPhone. I took the "hide icons" area and made it function like Poof. But out of respect to SpicyChicken, I never released it.

I did post an iPhone specific version though (sans working hide features) on the TouchTepo site (Customize (custom), 3), but I didn't put that onto the repository, as I didn't want my strong iPod base to accidently upgrade to it.
  8. zuned

zuned New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I cant get this to work i installed everything correctly and changed all permissions i dont understand why it is't working
  9. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I really wish that they would include that feature.
    That's why I was looking for the source earlier, I just wanted to mess around with it for my own personal use, because there are a lot of things I can think of that I want to add, and equally as many that I'd like to remove.
    I think I'm going to contact thespicychicken and ask for the source since I don't know what's with them not updating the trunk build and it'd be better to get permission right from the author.

I don't know what I did to get it working..
    Like I said, I installed Skylar's modded version, then this manually and then the iPod fix from Tweaks.
    I'm sure Skylar's makes all the needed directories, whereas the manual install may not.
    I just wanted to let everyone know that it's working and should appear soon; just don't refresh your sources too much.