Customize 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by dualcorex, Mar 30, 2008.

1. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

I have fw 1.1.4 and customize 1.21 with skylar's fix. however when i try to change anything, such as the main slider image, nothing changes. can anyone make a guide on how to fix customize.
  2. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Huh you can actually get Customize to work on 1.1.4?! Can you give me a link please?
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You can simply add a folder called Customize in the /private/var/root/Library/ or you can do the following. Regardsless the Customize images you want to change go in the root directory and not the mobile.

Open a terminal window (SSH) and type

ln -s /private/var/root/Library/Customize /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize

Install a customize theme. Make sure a folder is created in /private/var/root/Library

Then in a terminal window type

/bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
  4. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

what do u mean by a terminal window. can i just use winscp and create a new folder?
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You can do it that way also. That's how I have most people do it. Every now and then if you use a Customize Theme from the Installer it will go into the mobile directory and you just have to move it back.
  6. MadGeek

MadGeek New Member

I have a working modded customize in my source. See my starter kit link in my link
  7. chriscoyne

chriscoyne New Member

Go to www.iappcat.com A repository of all repositories. Join and Register. Create your own personal list of apps you want. Go settings name your list. Use your new URL to add to your Installer under Sources. When confident remove other repositories to avoid dupliction in Install listings.

Anyway you want to use Skylars Cutomize 1.21 (Custom), 2 Look for this one at iAppCat. This is the one that works on 1.1.4. The New Customize will be release soon.

Chris
  8. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

so do i just move my whole customize folder where it is now and movie it to var/root/libray directory?
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Don't move it, just make another one. Just add folder a folder called Customize to /private/var/root/Library/ After you open Customize and restart the ipod you will see all the folders inside the one you just added. It will have about 39 folders instead of 8 or so like the one in the mobile directory.
  10. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

wait a second mine is already like that. there is a customize folder under library. under the customize folder therea re folders for different parts of customize ie, main slider image, power slider image, carrier image ect... i put a slider image into the main slider image folder and tried changing some strings but nothing changes.