Customization HELP!!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Kylesta, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Kylesta

Kylesta New Member

Hey guys,

I just jailbroke my 2.2.1 ipod and Installed winterboard from cydia. I found a nice theme I like called "Vista Mobile".

HOWEVER, There is one thing I don't like about it, and that is that windows startup bar where the dock is. I want to change this so I looked in the folders using SSH and under its directory there was NO dock.png file.

The best thing I can do now is in winterboard to tick and place at the top, "transparent dock" to get rid of the windows startbar thing. BUT I would rather place the default dock or another dock there. I have downloaded other themes too so I took a dock.png from the other themes and put one in the Vista Mobile theme folder but it didn't work.

Here are some pics.

Windows Mobile theme.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Windows Mobile theme with transparent dock.

So basically I want a nice dock thats not the Windows Mobile one but how do I do it since there is no dock.png in the windows mobile theme folder.

Cheers

Kyle.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anyone?
  2. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For some reason this theme uses a weird way of changing the dock. I found the dock image in Vista Mobile.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/SBDockBG.png. There is also a SBDockBG2.png, I don't use the theme so I don't know the difference. Try changing those around a bit and let me know how it works.
    If that doesn't work, then you could just make a new theme with a dock.png of your choice and put it above Vista Mobile in Winterboard.
    P.S. How the heck do you have 49 App Store updates??

Edit: You could also probably delete SBDockBG.png and SBDockBG2.png and then put a dock.png in the root of the theme folder.
  3. Kylesta

Kylesta New Member

Hi thanks for the reply.

I tried what you said but it was still the same but this time without anydock at all.

You said, "If that doesn't work, then you could just make a new theme with a dock.png of your choice and put it above Vista Mobile in Winterboard."

What do you mean by that?

Cheers
  4. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    SSH to Library/Themes and create a new folder. In that folder place your desired "dock.png". Open Winterboard and move the new theme above Vista Mobile in the list (by holding the 3 bars at the right of the name and moving it up). Check that theme and it should work.
  5. Kylesta

Kylesta New Member

Thanks for your help but once again it did not work.

Anymore ideas?
  6. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have one last guess. Delete the SBDockBG files in Vista Mobile, then put a dock.png in the root of the Vista Mobile folder. I can fool around with it more when I get home.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, I found my mistake. Delete the SBDockBG and SBDOCKBG2 files, and put "Dock.png" in the root of the Vista Mobile folder. I forgot that the filenames are case-sensitive, so it has to be "Dock.png" not "dock.png". Hope that helps, it worked for me.
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

thanks

thank u so good themes