customising preferences.app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Katryss, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Katryss

Katryss Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i don't know if this is the right place to post this...
    but i've been fiddling around with skylar's advanced preferences. Managed to streamline it down a fair bit, pulling out all of the useless iPhone settings i don't need on my touch.

Basically, i was thinking about adding an option directly into the preferences.app to allow changing or disabling of the carrier logo.
    so far i've managed to get an option setup on the main settings page (with icon). I've linked it to carrierSettings.bundle and can't figure out how to get any further with my attempt. I think there will be some interest in this project.

Any help would be appreciated with this. I'm interested in learning how to do this sort of thing.

One thing though... I can't seen to find where Apple are hiding the default ipod carriers in 1.1.3

Anyone feel free to PM me about this. I will provide my attempts to you and you can tell me what i've done wrong.
  2. cantcatchme939

cantcatchme939 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    To delete the phone settings did you just delete mobilephonesettings.bundle under system/library/preferencebundles? Thanks.
  3. Katryss

Katryss Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    there's a little more involved. you have to go through alot of code and remove it.
  4. Katryss

Katryss Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Work in progress

Here's some pictures of what I've done so far:

Please Register or Log in to view images

And, I've been editing Customize to:

Basically, I've just reordered some options in Customize and changed a few icons.
    I plan on adding the prev/next buttons from MobileMusicPlayer.app cause it's quite easy to do.
  5. Katryss

Katryss Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S