Customise your firmware version in Settings>About.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by synyster, Jan 26, 2008.

1. synyster

synyster New Member

If you would like to do this...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Then using whatever you prefer, go to
    /System/Library/CoreServices/

There will be a file there named "SystemVersion.plist". Open this file with a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and towards the end of the text change (in my case "1.1.3") to whatever you want.

Once your edited SystemVersion.plist has taken the place of the normal one simply disconnet fro your ipod and now in Settings>About, it will have changed.

WARNING: This method can be used to install apps on 1.1.3 that require other firmware versions, simply change it to the desired number (1.1.1, 1.1.2...). Also not that i have had any but you may encounter

I did not discover this, credit goes to the guy who discovered it as a fix for installing some apps but as far as i know i am first to use this for Customizing.
  2. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Does it really work just like that? thats the only application limit? it only checks that... wow..Weird
  3. synyster

synyster New Member

Im talking about when on 1.1.3, if you try to install customize or SummerBoard from installer it wont let you because it reads the file and see's you have 1.1.3 and those apps arent perfect with 1.1.3 so installer thinks to itself.. "noo dont install".

to get them on 1.1.3 tho just change the file so it says 1.1.2 and it thinks "ok sure"
  4. GygaMan

GygaMan New Member

Not sure why but after doing this changes Itunes could not recognize my iPod. Renamed back to 1.1.2 but Itunes still can recognize the iPod.

Looks like I will have to restore and start from the beginning again.

GygaMan