custom wallpaper

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Dude885, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Dude885

Dude885 New Member

Can some one run me through real quick how i can upload a picture to my ipod touch so that i can set it as a wall paper for my ipod background, i dont want black cut offs at the top and bottom, and ill be using WinSCP. thanks bunches
  2. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Get summerboard on your ipod, then on your pc make a folder named whatever (this will be the theme name) put inside of it your wallpaper (320x480 in png format) ftp in, go to /var/root/library/summerboard/themes and put the folder in there, setting the wallpaper to 755. sleep your ipod and then hit up smbprefs. go to themes and yours should be in there make sure that both wallpaper settings in smb pref are on, then click home, itll restart you, and youre set
  3. Dude885

Dude885 New Member

thank you!
  4. Dude885

Dude885 New Member

hey im having a problem, i put the pics in the folder but when i set that as the wallpaper my wallpaper changed to something completely different, like my background now is the earth from space background, also how do i change the size of the picture?
  5. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ohhh you want the wallpaper, i thought background (as in home screen) you're just talking about the slide to unlock screen?
  6. Dude885

Dude885 New Member

no no i mean the wallpaper that appears behind the icons.
  7. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    so you put your custom folder in the summerboards themes folder and set permissions to 755? then all you need to do is go to smbprefs and select your theme