Custom taps on 2G and non-jailbroken iPod touches

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whizkid515, Dec 27, 2008.

1. whizkid515

whizkid515 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    EDIT: This doesn't work with 2G iPod touches, and CURRENTLY tap maker for both platforms are broken: The mac version doesn't save the .tap files and the windows version doesn't finish recording the taps.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS!!!

I know, right! No this is not a question, this is a guide! I'm just as ecstatic as you are!!!

Works on Mac and Windows!

This article applies to iTunes 8.0.1 and DiskAid on the MAC but can probably be used with iTunes 7.7.1, iTunes 8 GM, or iTunes 8.0.2 on Windows.

Ok, you'll need a few things first:
    DiskAid (The centerpiece)

TapMaker:
    Windows

Mac

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, first find your song in iTunes.

Select it and go to File>Get Info.

If it says MPEG file or AAC file, then go skip this next section.

If it says Protected AAC file, then read ahead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Go to http://www.skreemr.com

Search the song with the artist name and song name, e.g. if the song's name is My Tap by Your Tap, search my tap your tap on skreemr.

Find the song and use the preview function.

Right click (control click on mac) on the song's link, the first line of the result, and click save link as... or download linked file, depending on the browser.

Open the song in iTunes!
    Note: if the song is already an AAC file on Macs or an MP3 on Windows, skip this section

For Macs:

Right click (ctrl-click on macs) the song in iTunes and click make AAC version.

If you do not have this option, go to preferences, click the general tab, click import settings..., and click AAC encoder under the drop box.

For Windows:
    Go to preferences, click the general tab at the top, click import settings, and click MP3 encoder under the drop box.

Right click on your song and click make MP3 version
    *I suggest doing this on your desktop but you can do this wherever you like*

Make a new folder and call it Custom Taps

Drag the AAC version of the song (check in Get info) into this folder if you are on the Mac or if you are on Windows, drag the MP3 version into this folder.

Open up TapMaker, select your song, and tap it up!

Save the tap file and drag it to the Custom Taps folder.

Rename both the tap file and the song file to match, e.g. if the song's name is My Tap by Your Tap, Make the song file Your Tap - My Tap.m4a and the tap file Your Tap - My Tap (*difficulty here*).tap. The difficulties you can choose from are Easy, Medium, Hard, and Extreme.
    Open up DiskAid.

In the bottom left corner, there is a box. Click on the arrow on the right side of it and click root folder.

Click Go Ahead.

Scroll to the bottom and click var.

Click the folders in this sequence:
    mobile>Applications>CB791F...>Documents>Tap Tap Revenge>Music

Drag the m4a file from the Custom Taps folder into the LIST of files in DiskAid.

Click on the Taps folder.

Drag the tap file from the Custom Taps folder into this LIST.

Open up Tap Tap Revenge and Tap it up!!!

Enjoy and tell me how it works!

whizkid515
  2. Kn0wnTooWeLL

Kn0wnTooWeLL New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So, a tapmaker is a thing... to make levels for TTR?
  3. whizkid515

whizkid515 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes. Be sure to SEARCH (sorry to be harsh but a LOT of people do not use it) the forum for the TapMaker for instructions specific to the different versions and the errors and stuff you might encounter.
  4. Sheepseh

Sheepseh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can't exactly 'click' root in DiskAid.
  5. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You cant access root on nonjailbroken ipods.
  6. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    dude. it says "sorry, you need to have a jailbroken device to view the root partition".

damn! what to do next? Im like so dying to get many songs to my TTR so i could like PLAY them!!
  7. whizkid515

whizkid515 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's really weird. On DiskAid's website, it says that it works with non-jailbroken iPod touches and iPhones. Maybe that's just not for root access. Shoot. Well, at least I made a pretty good guide with no SSH required.
  8. LolCakeLazors

LolCakeLazors New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    From the website:
  9. whizkid515

whizkid515 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But isn't that enough for transferring the songs? Can someone try this with Shake It from the Tap Store? (http://store.ttm.net76.net/).
    Just go to the media folder, and shouldn't you be able to access Applications from there?
  10. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nope. You can access the applications in the root folder not the media folder.