Custom SMB-Icons On Non-English Touch?..

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by iemanduitnederland, Feb 7, 2008.

1. iemanduitnederland

iemanduitnederland New Member

Hey, I upgraded to 1.1.3 and installed summerboard, but when I choose a theme with custom icons, only a few change..after I change the main language to English instead of Dutch, all custom icons appear..anyone with a simple solution? (No, I don't like a english Touch...)
  2. maxafe

maxafe New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You have to change the name from the icons. I speak German so I change Photos.png to Fotos.png, Calendar.png to Kalender.png, Contacts.png to Kontakte.png etc.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. iemanduitnederland

iemanduitnederland New Member

That's lame

..Do you know where the default icons are located so I can rename them right?

4. bloodsplatter

bloodsplatter New Member

That's not the only thing, Photos.png should become Foto's.png (I did that, I have a Dutch iPod Touch too) but it doesn't work, it only works for some icons. Because Weather should becom Weer, but it still doesn't change the icons. But how does SummerBoard assign its icons actually?

Edit: With me the SummerBoard themes I installed through installer end up in /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes (use FileZilla or Cyberduck with SFTP to acces your iPod's filesystem if you have SSH enabled) but installer puts them in root (replace mobile with root in the previous path) so i went into root, moved al my themes to mobile and then deleted the Themes directory (using Terminal and SSH on my MacBook Pro, you can use PuTTy on windows), then you type "ln -s /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ Themes" (without the quotes) and voila, as by magic, Installer will now put the SummerBoard themes in the right place.

For reference:
    mobile SummerBoard path = /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    root SummerBoard path = /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
  5. bloodsplatter

bloodsplatter New Member