custom jailbreak firmware?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by berky93, Feb 26, 2009.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

can you use a backup firmware file instead of a fresh firmware file for the redsn0w jailbreak? I mean I'm fine with starting clean, but if you can jailbreak and have your apps, settings, and other things already intact that would be so cool. I remember back in the 1.x.x days there were custom jailbroken firmwares being released by devs, but I never used them.

EDIT: since I'm writing this, I might as well ask - if anyone has an idea for a new theme I should make after I jailbreak, send me a pm! I havent worked on a custom skin for anything in a while, and I don't have any ideas. thanks!
  2. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think there is, I could be wrong though.
  3. Linux

Linux Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Somebody should upload an ipsw for the semi-tethered redsn0w. I don't think it is against the rules because you don't have to pay for it in the first place.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

the point of uploading the custom ispw's was that they had special mods in them. but its better if you jailbreak yourself because that way you can choose the options