Custom Installer bundle

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by matrixfire, Apr 19, 2008.

1. matrixfire

matrixfire New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I know Pwnage 1.1 has a installer bundle included, but what i want to do is create a Installer bundle of the setup currently installed on my iPod Touch. The reason i want to do this is to keep my source list in tacked and so each program still turns up in the uninstall list. If some could please help me it would be much appreciated
  2. Pilk

Pilk New Member

You need to ssh into your ipod and go to /private/var/mobile/library/Installer. Download localpackages.plist (this is your installed applications) and packagesources.plist (this is your list of sources).

Next go into the installer bundle in pwnage tool and follow the var/mobile path until you get to the .plist files. Replace the localpackages and packagesources plist files with the ones you got from your ipod and hey presto

Please Register or Log in to view images

hope i helped.
  3. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 New Member

do you know if it is possible to get your bundle applications to install on the Media Partition instead of the Root Partition?
  4. Pilk

Pilk New Member

This doesn't actually install the apps, it just makes them appear in the uninstall list in installer, saving you the time of adding them manually. I've tried a few things to get bundles installing in the media partition, but none of them worked. I'm guessing it would involve a unix command though, and i'm no good with unix. It's the one thing missing from my custom firmware right now. Oh and the January App Pack, any idea how to get that into a bundle?
  5. matrixfire

matrixfire New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Thanks for your help, worked great!!!