Custom Icons Help

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Jordan_LB23, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Jordan_LB23

Jordan_LB23 New Member

Well I am about 80% finished on changing up my icons.

Im at the part where you must get the original icons from the applications folder, for the icons you don't want changed. I'm PRETTY sure I got all the icons down, now I just need to find the clock and video icon. Which folder are those icons in? Also lets say you messed up one of youricons, can u go back and fix it or do u have to restore your ipod?

BTW Im new here so sorry if there is already a topic about this.If so lock it up.
  2. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if you dont want to change that applications icon for a theme, you just dont inclue an icon in that themes 'icons' folder. i.e. you dont want to change 'Music.app,' just dont have a 'Music.png' in the 'Icons' folder for your summerboard theme.
  3. Jordan_LB23

Jordan_LB23 New Member

4. Jordan_LB23

Jordan_LB23 New Member

Oh btw, do you NEED mini dock or dock?
  5. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if you just want a basic theme you dont need either of them. you'll just get the regular ipod dock
  6. Jordan_LB23

Jordan_LB23 New Member

I tried to drop my folder, and it said that can't create follow directory. What did I do wrong? I installed summerboard from installer version 3, then i restarted my ipod when it told me to.
  7. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    make sure its being put in the right place. also make sure summerboard is working properly, this can be tricky.
  8. Jordan_LB23

Jordan_LB23 New Member

I'm pretty sure it's in the right place. But now my cuteftp wont even work I can't change folders. How do I make sure summerboard is working properly? I had a custom wallpaper before summerboard, but to get that custom wallapper, i had to install summerboard, go to photos set as wallpaper, uninstall summerboard for the wallpaper to show up. now i reinstalled summerboard to get my themes on and my custom wallpaper is gone.
  9. oO Wallace Oo

oO Wallace Oo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Have you got CuteFTP Pro ? CuteFTP Basic/home/whatever does not change the files
  10. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if you cant connect to your ipod thats not good. make sure your ipod is active with shh turned on, if all else fails try winscp. and try downloading a summerboard theme off installer to see if smbprefs is working all right.