Custom Firmware (for JB) will not load on Itunes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Ace4692, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Ace4692

Ace4692 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I guess I'll start by listing the tutorial I'm using.

http://outgoing.ifans.com/video.php?l=http://youtube.com/watch?v=yx8A6ZkEvyY

When I enter the command prompt and follow the instructions to enter the 12 or so lines of code, everything seems to go fine until I proceed to the next step which is to restore my ipod using the custome firmware.

When I select the CFW, I new window pops and says preparing iPod for restore and a few minutes later, an error message appears saying the ipod couldnt be restored.

Any suggestions?
  2. DaAlmighty1

DaAlmighty1 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lots of people have received these errors, but no one has offered us anything helpful.
  3. iGirl

iGirl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What error do you get? I kept getting the unknown error 2005, and one other I can't remember it though, and I updated my itunes and restarted my computer and it worked.
  4. Shroomzor

Shroomzor Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is the same error I got, 1604.
    I ended up using this and it worked the first time. I believe the error means you messed up when creating your custom firmware file. But the tool I linked to makes it for you and jailbreaks and has a boot tool if you ever need to reboot.
  5. DaAlmighty1

DaAlmighty1 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't know about the OP, but error 14 is really annoying. I have the latest version of iTunes and have tried to jb for over 8 hours altogether.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    1604 is not because you created the patched fw wrongly. I've received it with a gui created fw too.
  6. Shroomzor

Shroomzor Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh well either way I kept getting it then I used pheonix tool and now I'm jailbreak.